Sunday, February 10, 2013

Gung Hay Fat Choy!

I've been wanting to make some dumpling soup for a while.  With it being Chinese New Year today, it really pushed me since we've been reading lot of books preparing for traditions and customs (see facebook, and library thing for references).


The 4 year old helped me make them with the little one trying to help cut cabbage at the end.


 Dumplings with pork, shrimp, green onions, rice wine, soy sauce (I use liquid aminos), ginger, and brown sugar. 

 soup with a side of cabbage with rice vinegar and pickled watermelon radishes from the garden.

Pickled watermelon radishes, see recipe from CHOW.  Since I was out of white vinegar I used a mix or apple cider and rice vinegar, and turbinado instead of white sugar.  The kids could eat the whole jar if I let them.  They are taste wonderful, but watch out when you open the jar- phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...