Monday, November 12, 2012

Dinner Menu

Over the last month I decided that I was going to try going to the store only once a week and trying to finish up what was in our pantry.  I wanted to figure out a way in which we can use up all the food I have stored in there replenishing only produce and dairy.  The experiment went well for about 2 weeks and then I got really tired of figuring out new things to cook all the time, kids got sick, soup had to be made, meals were eaten out or picked up, I grew tired of figuring it out.

But, it was a good experiment, and I'm still trying to keep it up as much as I can, but maybe not being so hard on myself to do it for every meal, everyday. So, here are some of the things we came up with.  Hope you enjoy, hope it inspires you, and I hope to hear what you are doing for meals as well.

Our Facebook page gets updated often with current meals and quick photos.  Come see what's cooking tonight! 
 Growing mushrooms from Back to Roots
 Pasta with oyster mushrooms (above), shallots, anchovies, olives, with olive oil
 Pan seared Salmon with pomegranate and balsamic. Steamed cauliflower and asparagus
 Roasting squash for soup.

 Gluten free pumpkin and pear pancakes.
 Purple cauliflower, beets, and sweet potatoes.
 Beet cream cheese with cucumbers and olive oil drizzle.
 Salad with radishes, Parmesan cheese, sprouts and warm anchovy dressing.

 Grilled chicken tacos with black bean and corn.
Korean short rip BBQ and Kimchee (purchased), with rice, two types of seaweed, and cucumbers.

Shared in: gnowfglins,  Nature's NurtureFresh Bites Friday, Wednesday Fresh Food, More the Merrier Mondays, Eco-Kids Tuesday, Tuesdays with a Twist,  wildcrafting wednesday, Farm Girl Blog Fest,  Food Renegade, Eat Make Grow, Saturday Show and Tell, Kids in the Kitchen, Learning for Life, Mums Make Lists, Back to Basics, Family Meal Ideas,

1 comment:

  1. YUM!!! Now I'm hungry and I just ate breakfast.
    Thanks for sharing at Tuesdays with a Twist! Hope to see you again this week!

    http://back2basichealth.blogspot.com/search/label/Tuesdays%20with%20a%20Twist

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...